COVE POINT BEACH ASSOCIATION, INC.
UPDATE – JANUARY 6, 2018
I hope that everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday season and you’re staying warm during this cold spell. Remember to check on your elderly neighbors and friends to ensure that they are warm and safe.
Here’s an update of what has been going on over the past few months:
- The newly re-instituted Hospitality Committee has met a couple of times to revamp the welcome package and information to be shared with new neighbors. Please contact Larry Hultberg (email@example.com) if you know of a new homeowner settling in here at Cove Point.
- We’ve also started the redesign process to update our community’s website (www.covepointbeach.com). We should have it completed in a few weeks, so stay tuned for more information.
- The 2017 audit of the Association’s financial accounting will be performed later this winter. The results will be presented at the Association’s Spring meeting on Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 10 am so mark your calendars. As usual we’ll be meeting at the Appeal Community Center. More details to follow.
- Volunteers are needed for our spring beach and road clean-ups in the April/May time frames (dates to be determined.) As you have probably noted, there’s at least one dead tree and there’s a lot of brush overgrowth along Lighthouse Blvd as you enter the community. We’ll need just a few hours of your time on a Saturday for this clean-up event. By doing this work ourselves, we can save several thousand dollars. So, if you can help out, send me a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put your name on the list and will coordinate with you as the time gets closer.
- An ecumenical service to celebrate the life of long-time resident, Simeon Brooker, will be held at Washington’s National Cathedral, 3101 Wisconsin Avenue N. W. on Monday, January 29 at 10 am.